Monday, April 14, 2008

Who Wants A Clean House (or a Well Organized One)?

Last week I made a resolution to really have a clean/well organized house. My name is Stephanie and I am a pack rat. I inherited this trait from the women in my family. My mother, grandmother, aunts, cousins... all pack rats. My house is clean but I have piles of papers, and too many clothes. I have a huge walk in closet and a double closet in my bedroom, I still can't fit all of the cloths. Did I mention that several years ago I spent thousands of dollars on a fancy closet organizer which was professionally installed. It helps but only if you get ride of old clothes when you buy new ones.

I need to break this cycle. I am not as bad as some but I vow to conquer the clutter and organize this house. Life was much easier with a cleaning lady. Last week I joined www.flylady.net and started the journey. It all starts with a clean sink. There are short challenges and a mission each day and they really help. One day at a a time, one closet or drawer at a time.

No comments: