Saturday, February 23, 2008

Stitches West

I made the drive to Santa Clara for Stitches West on Friday. I found some great yarn and really wish I could go back. I enjoyed the 2.5 hours I spent at Stitches West but it wasn't enough time. I picked up a skein of Blue Moon Fiber Arts medium weight sock yarn - Rare Gems. Several skeins of Malabtigo Stonechat, Lisa Souza Big Wool - Petroglyph, and http://www.lisaknit.com 100% Superfine Merino superwash also in Petroglyph. I tried to by yarns that I couldn’t get at the LYS. I also picked up my Ravelry passport (didn’t get all of the pages stamped), and a “Where my Stitches At” button. I may try to get back to the market on Sunday. I didn't get to take any classes but promised myself I will next time. It was nice to see so many knitters in one place. I loved the ladies at Nine Rubies, wish I lived closer to their store. I made a note to buy the lace scarf kit - they sold out at Stitches West. I also loved the hand dyed yarns at A Verb For Keeping Warm and can't wait to see more at Article Pract. Love the Zero stitch markers.

No comments: